John Clancey Race Map
- Start at Point A located next to the water fountain.
- Run to Point B on sidewalk, then run around parking to Mission Blvd.
- Safely cross Mission Blvd and on to Point C located on
- Run north on beach to Point D just beyond the main lifeguard tower and in front of Hamels. A race official will be placed at turnaround.
- Due to high tide. Course may change and run back on board walk
instead of beach
- First person to turn-around wins Ed Jerome Award
- Proceed back to Point C (Tide table shown below).
- Safely cross Mission Blvd and run to Point A. Do not run around parking lot again
- Upon return to bayside, run to point E (start of swim). Point E will be placed just at start of parking lot
- Upon reaching Point E, drop your shoes in provided bin and head to water.
Start swim. Shoes will be returned after last swimmer enters water.
- Swim between shore and anchored boats to Point F.
- Exit water and run to finish line near fire pit. Be sure to announce/shout/yell your race number to race timing officials
- Congratulations, you have just finished the John Clancey Aquathon. A
race started in 1972 by David Pain.